FBCC CDC INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
During inclement weather, the FBCC CDC Administration and Board of Trustees has sole discretion in making emergency decisions regarding school closures. An e-mail will be sent when there is an adjustment to our hours.
When severe weather occurs it is the parent’s responsibility to stay informed, and have a plan to pick-up their children in a timely manner.
- On days that the Arlington County Schools ARE CLOSED DUE TO SNOW AND INCLEMENT WEATHER, the Child Development Center WILL BE CLOSED. Parents can check the Arlington County website for school closings at www.arlingtonva.us
- On days that the Arlington County Public Schools open one hour late the Child Development Center WILL ALSO OPEN ONE HOUR LATE AT 7:45 A.M.
- On days that the Arlington County Public Schools open two hours late, the Child Development Center WILL OPEN AT 8:45 A.M.
- If the Arlington County Public Schools have an early release, the Child Development Center will close at 2:00 PM.
- If the Arlington County Public Schools are closed for MORE than 2 consecutive days, parents should call the FBCC CDC at 522-6477 (VOICE MAIL MESSAGE) to see if the FBCC CDC will be open.
In the event of an emergency closing and/or inclement weather, parents will be notified of the closing by an e-mail message. In the absence of access to the internet, lack of electricity, advisories about the use of electricity or the urgency of the emergency or state of emergency compromises the health, safety, welfare and well-being of your child/ren or the employees of the FBCC CDC every possible attempt will be made to phone parents using personal cellular phones when landlines are not available.
Should the school need to close in the middle of the day, the school staff will attempt to reach the child’s parents first to arrange for pick up. Should the staff be unable to reach the parents, the persons listed on the emergency contact form will be called until pick up arrangements can be made. Staff will notify the parents or emergency contact person at the time of the call, of the pick up location should the children need to be evacuated from the FBCC CDC. Parents or emergency contact persons should report directly to the alternate location if one is indicted.
Because the FBCC CDC is an all-day year-round facility, should the FBCC CDC need to close even for an extended period of time for any reason, tuition will not be refunded or reduced.