Believing that the Child Development Center is a direct and integral part of the Christ-given mission of the First Baptist Church of Clarendon, and consistent with the concept of ministry set forth in the original Mission Statement adopted by the membership of the Church, we reaffirm our commitment to the following purposes:
- Ministry: To serve as a daily reflection of the Church "on mission", acting out the Great Commission on our closest and most challenging mission field...our immediate neighborhood. To acknowledge that the use of the Church building and its resources for the teaching and training of young children is a responsible and worthy act of stewardship.
- Education: To develop a Christian-oriented curriculum which provides a broad range of learning opportunities for the young child, geared to the development of the mind and spirit of each.
- Nurturing: To focus on the dignity and worth of every child and to affirm and celebrate the God-given potential of each. To build healthy self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Creative Activities: To encourage creative expression through music and art and physical recreation. To urge children to explore nature and its wonders; to foster a climate in which children delight in themselves and in God's word.
- Staff: To respect the professional contributions of every member of the CDC Staff. To nurture personal, spiritual, educational, and creative development. To actively practice compassionate personnel management.
- Outreach: To seek ways in which to extend our ministry to the families represented in the Child Development Center; to share the good news of Christ and offer the fellowship of the Church; to help those who are in physical or material need; to lend support in the strengthening and stabilizing of family units; to build relationships of trust and mutual blessing.
In declaring these purposes, we state our fervent belief that the First Baptist Church of Clarendon Child Development Center constitutes a vital ministry, a creative and stimulating classroom, a channel through which the love and grace of God may richly flow.